Click here to apply
Gamaliel & Susan Onosode Foundation (GAMSU) is a not-for-profit and non-political organization registered in May 2013 to foster the success of the Nigerian Child through innovative and flexible learning opportunities while providing the enabling environment.
GAMSU was founded by Mr. Gamaliel Onosode of blessed memory, who by his lifelong choices, promoted excellence in education and exemplified integrity through undiluted principles. His unwavering love for education birthed a Foundation aimed at improving the lives of children and youths, particularly the underprivileged in need of skills, funds and access to realize their hopes for a better future through qualitative education.
At GAMSU, our objectives include promotion and support of educational institutions and programs espoused by faith based and government organizations in Nigeria. Our values are Growth & Learning; Accountability & Transparency; Mentoring young individuals; Success & Sustainability and Unlocking potentials.
We are keen to set a solid base that can support our long-term vision as we aspire to become a reference Foundation in Africa as we sustain our operations across generations, over the next 100 years and beyond. To achieve this goal, it is pertinent to establish the right structures and attract/retain the right people.
Our ideal candidate for the CEO position should:
• Have deep passion for Non-profit work and Social Impact
• Be action and result oriented, entrepreneurial, a self-starter, go-getter and very determined
• Have high ethical standards and a strong moral compass
• Have sound, mature judgement and integrity
• Be an exceptional people manager; able to motivate teams to achieve set goals
• Be flexible and adaptable to changing market realities
• Be an energetic, independent and self-motivated individual with a solution-based approach while demonstrating innovation, integrity, quality, creativity, flexibility and resilience.
• Have in-depth knowledge of the philanthropic sector and capabilities in social impact/development
• Have a proven record of leadership, strategic design, planning and management success with tangible results
• Have proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders and complex relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively with and relate to a board range of internal stakeholders, including other senior team members, staff, and board members.
• Willing and able to travel, based on job exigencies
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Responsible for developing effective strategies and plans, to achieve the vision and mission of the Foundation
• Responsible for the seamless execution of these strategies to achieve organizational goals
• Responsible for fund raising
• Responsible and accountable for all fund-raising efforts and results
• Accountable for the overall success of the organization across all performance metrics.
• Accountable for all company policies and guidelines
• Accountable for compliance with relevant laws, regulations and compliance requirements
• Accountable for instituting transparency in our operations to engender public trust in financial stewardship and to provide superior service levels
• Accountable for human resources management – development and retention of talent
• Accountable for defining and institutionalizing a positive workplace culture, to galvanize employees towards achieving our vision and mission.
• Provide leadership, guidance and sufficient motivation to drive maximum performance
• Provide strategic advisory to the Chairman and Board of Trustees
• Ensure periodic reporting to Board and all relevant stakeholder groups
• Build and maintain trust and positive relationships with key stakeholders/stakeholder groups
• Bachelor’s degree
• MBA or MSc. in a relevant discipline is an added advantage
• International trainings related to Strategy/Management of ‘Not for Profits’ is an added advantage
• 10+ years of work experience leading strategies, people and teams
• 3+ years of work experience in Senior or Executive Management capacity in a ‘Not for Profit’ company
How to Apply:
Please fill the form in the link below to apply. Applications close on Wednesday 22nd June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.